- "The ratio of the potential difference between the ends of a conductor and the current flowing in the conductor is a constant"
- R (ohms) = V (volts) / I (current)
- Rearranged as I = V / R it demonstrates that a consequence of higher voltage is that a higher current will flow.
- Ohm's Law is a scientific fact that cannot be repealed by Act of Parliament, or summarily by Regulation.
- Ohm's Law is generally applicable to DC and AC circuits where the appliance, or "load" has a primary electrical characteristic of resistance (also called impedance in AC circuits).
How Voltage affects Electric Power